Town Hall on February 29 – March 1, 2016, at Bethesda, Maryland
A COPD Town Hall Meeting is being convened by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute to develop a comprehensive COPD National Action Plan. The announcement states that the meeting in an opportunity for those with COPD, their families, caregivers, and all interested stakeholders to discuss and help design a national plan.
The goals of the National Action Plan are:
- Empower patients, their families, and communities to recognize and reduce the burden of COPD
- Improve prevention, detection, diagnosis, treatment and management
- Increase collaboration and coordination to improve reporting of COPD-related public health data
- Increase research to better understand prevention, diagnosis, and treatment
- Increase education among those with COPD. their families, caregivers, and communities
- Integrate recommended policy, education, and program changes
Those who can attend should register on the website: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/copd/get-involved/town-hall.htm
For those who cannot attend, there is an opportunity to provide feedback and leave ideas. You can also sign up for free email updates and alerts.
Diagram of windpipe (trachea) and breathing tubes (airways) in the lungs